Who You Are:
Do you get excited discussing how to use Youtube or Facebook to support your social media campaign? Do you use Klout to check out the influence factor of your latest follower? Getty Images is currently seeking a Social Media Specialist for our Calgary or New York office. We are looking for someone who wants to explore, who wants to challenge and be challenged. This person must be a strategic social thinker who says “wouldn’t it be cool if…”, but understands how thoughtful and relevant strategies translate into creative and conversational success.
Your Next Challenge:
As a central person driving the strategy and the daily management of key Getty Images’s social profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, etc., you are responsible for ensuring that Getty Images’ social presence is allowing the company to authentically engage in a more personal and meaningful way with our existing customers while driving brand awareness and visits to our websites. Specifically, this socially-savvy position is responsible for being the brains and the hands behind iStockphoto’s social media channels. Besides coming up with new and effective ways of using our existing channels to engage with fans and followers, you are also responsible for tracking and reporting the key measures for across our social accounts, while driving new ideas which would allow us to extend our social media presence and brand in ways that support our business goals.
- Become an advocate of Getty Images and iStock in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Manage all of Getty Images’ social channels on a day-to-day basis, monitoring all activity and responding in a timely manner that’s on brand.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, including online reputation, and analyze, review, and report insights across relevant teams.
- Share best practices and review social media metrics with internal stakeholders and partners. Provide tools training when necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Desired 3 years relevant experience in this field.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, especially campaign analysis and online analytics.
- Extensive experience and passion for the internet and social media.
- Self-starter, proactive individual with strong project experience and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams in a global environment (travel may be required).
- University degree, or equivalent experience.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leading creator and distributor of visual content and the first place creative professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage imagery. The company’s award winning photographers and imagery help customers create inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and Web sites. Headquartered in Seattle, WA and serving customers in more than 100 countries, Getty Images believes in the power of imagery to drive positive change, educate, inform, and entertain. Visit Getty Images at http://gettyimages.com.
Getty Images, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job, click here.