(Job Number: BLM10424)
The Social Media Producer will apply the Bloomingdale’s social media strategy to the day to day management of Bloomingdale’s Facebook account.
The Social Media Producer consults with Public Relations, Bloomingdales.com, BDS and BCOM Customer Service, Account Executives, Facebook account services and third party support partners (Social Media Agencies).
- Post content seven days a week.
- Conduct weekly social media meetings with key stakeholders.
- Create and manage a monthly calendar of future posts, content, etc.
- Field all social media requests from all counterparties both internal and external.
- Write copy for topical posts, events, photo albums, etc.
- Pickup and format art from existing collateral.
- Create links that direct users to Bloomingdales.com for purchases and feed into the sales tracking system.
- Monitor wall for customer complaints and forward to the appropriate parties for resolution.
- Engage vendor community for cross-promotion opportunities.
- Analyze our competitors use of social media.
- Remove spam, abusive, indecent, or derogatory posts from wall when appropriate.
- Create and manage new tabs on the page.
- Manage Bloomingdale’s store locations – “places” on Facebook.
- Assist in Facebook advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate Facebook sweepstakes.
- Generate photographic or film collateral from in-store special events, window openings, personal appearances etc.
- Keep current on emerging trends in social media and brief upper management and assist in executive sell through.
- Keep abreast of changes in the Facebook platform and take appropriate actions in response.
- Analyze past social marketing for effectiveness.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Design, Marketing, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience.)
- Expert user of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Google+), blogs and emerging media.
- Graphic design skills.
- Excellent written communicator; specializing in the language of retail marketing, fashion, and “social”.
- Ability to translate techno-speak into plain language.
- Highly self-directed.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects and tasks.
- Thrive in a face-paced and dynamic workplace.
- Experience in an Omni-channel retailer is a plus.
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (CS5).
- Social Media automation and monitoring tools.
- Lotus Notes.
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Premier/Aftereffects (video editing and post production) is a plus.
- Facebook Social Graph API is a plus.
- Web server log analysis software is a plus.
To apply for this job, click here.